Jefferson City, MO:
Jefferson City, MO
View our location
Request an appointment
View our location
12 reasons you should test your hearing
Posted by Kim Baumhoer on August 12, 2021
After the past year of living socially distant and behind masks, we think reconnecting is more important and coveted than ever!
Unfortunately, it’s also more challenging for those of us with hearing loss — which is the biggest reason why 2021 should be the year to test your hearing and treat it if it turns out you have hearing loss!
But just in case reconnecting to life and making sure you never miss out again isn’t reason enough to do something about your hearing, let us offer up a dozen more.
1. Hearing tests are painless, frequently free, and there are even online hearing tests that only take about five minutes of your day.
2. Nearly half the people who reported no trouble hearing actually turned out to have mild hearing loss.
3. Adults with moderate hearing loss are 3X more likely to develop dementia over time, and 5X more likely if their hearing loss is severe.
4. Untreated hearing loss can increase the risk of falls by 30 percent.
5. In studies, hearing loss was linked to higher risks of loneliness and social isolation.
6. If your hearing test shows your hearing is normal, you can rub it in the face of all the people who accused you of being hard of hearing. (Turns out they are mumbling, right?)
7. Researchers think that treating hearing loss early is one of the biggest things you can do to help reduce your risk of dementia.
8. Once you’re 50, experts recommend getting hearing screenings every three years.
9. Per Dr. Frank Lin of Johns Hopkins Medicine, “The earlier hearing loss is treated, the easier it is for the brain to adapt.”
10. Hearing loss may be an early warning sign or red flag for other health conditions including cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
11. Older adults who treated their hearing loss with hearing aids reported their quality of life was significantly improved.
12. Being proactive about your hearing health today will pay off hugely tomorrow and for the rest of your life!
Think you may have hearing loss? You can test your hearing for free using our online hearing test. Or, find out for sure by scheduling a thorough evaluation.
Subscribe To Our Blog
Hearing Aid Consultants, LLC
315 Ellis Blvd Ste 202
Online Hearing Test
© 2021 - Hearing Aid Consultants, LLC